Friday, June 29, 2007

The End of an Era

I am sure there are some of you that have fallen over to see that I have posted here...but things have been a bit stressed lately.
It is with great sadness that I report that I am no longer The Boyfriend...yes, it is true...I am single again.
Through no fault of either of us, we have decided to part ways. It is for the best, but that does not mean that there is not a great deal of heart break and pain involved.
Some of you may be able to relate to this: you can love somebody with your entire soul, and know that you are not good for them. You can love a person, and know that you are not what they need, and they are not what you need. There is no fault in that-it is what it is.
The worst thing any person can do is to be unhappy. Life is far too short.
So...we pick up the pieces and go on. Or try to at least.
I gave a great deal of thought to whether or not I should change the name of the blog, delete it all, and forget about it. I decided to leave it as it is, and to continue to add select messages. Why not? Writing is supposed to have a cathartic effect, so I am going to use this forum to express the inner turmoil I am experiencing. We will see what happens...
One question that I will throw out to the blog universe is this:
How do you fall in love with someone that is completely incompatible for you?
I have been wrestling with this concept for an age now...clever and mysterious are the workings of the heart I suppose.
I should warn readers that some of my subsequent posts may have harsh concepts, bitterness, and vitriol involved...
Guess that is what purging is for.
More on all of this later

2 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

That's sad, but I can understand what you are going through. I had that, too. At some point, you just have to see it and break up in order to make both happy again. Not easy, but in time, it will work out.

So keep on blogging!

Ms Mac said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment on this post for a while now but couldn't quite find the words. I still can't but I'm thinking about you!

xxx